The Pilot Communications Trainer Software by ASA is an interactive computer-based tutorial. It was designed for student pilots wanting to learn correct radio procedures and for seasoned pilots that may be rusty with their communication skills, pilots that rarely fly into busy airspace and pilots that want to practice copying and comprehending clearances. The software instructs the user on proper radio communications for VFR and IFR operations and all airspace classifications. The intuitive software is incredibly simple. The pilot will use their computer for the interactive tutorial with audio clips, animations, original figures and diagrams with the text from Bob Gardnerís popular Say Again, Please book. The program is combined with two audio CDs for pilots to practice in their home, car or on their computer stereo for audio review.
The main features of the program are:
- Radio training for VFR and IFR operations, towered and nontowered airports, enroute flight and emergency situations.
- Typical transmissions are supported with textual descriptions, sectional and airport diagrams and audio clips for all airspace classes so pilots not only learn to speak aviation, but also gain a fundamental understanding of what needs to be spoken when, where and to whom.
- Details take pilots from a pre-flight briefing and filing a flight plan to ground, enroute, and terminal operations, including in-flight weather request and pilot reports.
- Understanding how ATC works and learn what to say, what to expect to hear, and how to interpret clearance and instructions.
- Audio Review consists of standard dialogs with pilots, ATIS, Ground, Clearance Delivery, Tower, Approach, Departure, Center AFSS and UNICOM controllers in all airspace classifications.
- Extensive reference library including FAA documents, websites to live ATC and a glossary.
This program is an invaluable tool for any pilot at a good price. Shipping weight is calculated at 3 lbs.System requirements: PC running Windows 95/98/2000/ME/NT/XP or MAC System 7.5 or higher, 166MHz or faster or PowerPC, minimum 32 MB Ram, 800X600 SVGA video adapter, monitor, 4x CD-ROM drive, and mouse.