Steel Weather Vanes: This US Air Force Weather Vane is crafted in the U.S.A. of heavy-duty 14 gauge steel. The weather vane proudly displays the traditional air force emblem that is laser cut eliminating any unsightly welding. Unlike some other brands that just show a silhouette, the US Force Weather Vane has laser cuts in strategic places adding dimension, style and detail to the overall look. The end result is a more attractive weather vane.
The photograph does not do justice to the beautiful, warm, brown finish, and each weather vane goes through 3-step coating process to achieve this handsome texture.
- To begin, a zinc chromate plating is applied to the base metal for better adhesion, durability and rust prevention.
- An attractive antique copper vein powder coat is then baked on the surface.
- Finally a clear powder coat is applied to protect against UV rays. This prevents fading and produces a durable and scratch resistant product.
The weather vane arrives with the US Force figure on arrow, sealed ball bearing windcups which allow the windcups to spin with the lightest breeze, directionals (about 2 ¾" high), and your choice of mount. This weather vane has a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty on the finish and a lifetime warranty on all workmanship.
Select the mounting choice from the drop down menu.
- Pole: about a 60" pole that slides into the ground.
- Roof: for peaked roof tops with about a 12" rod.
- Deck: mounts horizontally with a 4"x4" base and about a 12" rod.
- Post: mounts vertically.