Steel Weather Vanes: This American Flag Weather Vane is crafted in the U.S.A. of heavy-duty 14 gauge steel. The weather vane which looks like it is moving with a breeze is laser cut eliminating any unsightly welding. Unlike some other brands that just show a silhouette, the American Flag Weather Vane has laser cuts in strategic places adding dimension, style and detail to the overall look. The end result is a more attractive weather vane.
The photograph does not do justice to the beautiful, warm, brown finish, and each weather vane goes through 3-step coating process to achieve this handsome texture.
- To begin, a zinc chromate plating is applied to the base metal for better adhesion, durability and rust prevention.
- An attractive antique copper vein powder coat is then baked on the surface.
- Finally a clear powder coat is applied to protect against UV rays. This prevents fading and produces a durable and scratch resistant product.
The weather vane arrives with the flag figure, sealed ball bearing windcups which allow the windcups to spin with the lightest breeze, directionals (about 2 ¾" high), and your choice of mount. This weather vane has a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty on the finish and a lifetime warranty on all workmanship.
Select the mounting choice from the drop down menu.
- Pole: about a 60" pole that slides into the ground.
- Roof: for peaked roof tops with about a 12" rod.
- Deck: mounts horizontally with a 4"x4" base and about a 12" rod.
- Post: mounts vertically.