This set of 5 Aviation Magnets features some of the top pioneers in aviation history. The magnets replicate the USPS stamps that commemorated these aviation firsts.
- Harriet Quimby: The first woman to obtain a U.S. Pilotís Certificate.
- Spirit of St. Louis Airplane: Celebrated the 50th anniversary of the first solo flight across the Atlantic.
- USPS Airmail Flights: Actually started in 1911 but became official in 1918.
- Lawrence and Elmer Sperry: Elmer invented the gyrocompass and was known as the father of modern navigation technology. Lawrence invented the first autopilot and artificial horizon.
- William T. Piper: Manufactured the iconic J-3 Cub aircraft and founder of Piper aircraft.