Airplane Weathervanes: This Tri Motor Weathervane is made of 14 gauge steel. The Tri Motor Weathervane is laser cut eliminating any unsightly welding producing a more attractive weathervane. Unlike some other brands that just show a silhouette, the Tri Motor Weathervane has laser cuts in strategic places adding dimension, style and detail to the weathervane.
The photograph does not do justice to the beautiful, warm, brown finish. Each weathervane goes through 3-step coating process.
- Zinc chromate plating is applied to the base metal for better adhesion, durability and rust prevention.
- An attractive antique copper vein powder coat is baked on the surface.
- A clear powder coat is then applied to protect against UV rays to help prevent fading and providing a durable and scratch resistant product.
The weathervane arrives with the airplane figure, sealed ball bearing windcups allowing the windcups to spin with the lightest breeze, directionals (about 2 ¾" high), and your choice of mount. The Tri Motor figure measures about 19" long by 4 ½" high. This weathervane has a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty on the finish and a lifetime warranty on all workmanship.
Select the mounting choice from the drop down menu.
- Pole: about a 60" pole that slides into the ground.
- Roof: for peaked roof tops with about a 12" rod.
- Deck: mounts horizontally with a 4"x4" base and about a 12“ rod.
- Post: mounts vertically with a 4"x4" base and about a 12" rod.