click to enlarge, rollover to magnify Ordering/Shipping/Returns/Exchanges
FAA Written Test Prep Software – This is the ASA Private Pilot FAA Exam and Test Preparation software. The ASA Private Pilot Test Prep software, with current questions, has been completely rewritten to take advantage of the latest advances in technology. Student pilots can take true-to-form practice exams and get immediate feedback on whatever test areas need more work. Realistic test simulation, study and review models, detailed performance graphs, comprehensive study guides and built-in timers give the student pilot the confidence needed to pass the FAA written exam. Questions are supported by study guides and comprehensive explanations for correct and incorrect answers. Instructors can also create pop quizzes of any length, on any subject matter, to supplement study sessions.
Major features of the Private and Recreational Pilot (airplane, rotorcraft, glider, lighter-than-air, powered parachute, and weight-shift control) tests include:
- Compatibility with both PC and Macintosh systems.
- CX-2 electronic flight computer is built into the program, accessed by a click of a button during study sessions or simulated tests.
- The user can make and save user notes while studying in a Notes field, for annotations and comments.
- “Google”-like search capabilities…search for a word or phrase in the entire database of questions, answers, and explanations.
- Includes a comprehensive and searchable glossary.
- Shuffle the answer stems for a true test of the student’s knowledge.
- The user can build a follow-up quiz from the airman test report. The FAA doesn’t tell you which questions were wrong on your test—they only give you the subject matter knowledge codes. You can plug the codes into the program to create a custom post-test follow-up, which is required prior to taking your checkride.
- Simulates the CATS testing center in screen layout, buttons, program navigation; replicates what you'll see when you take your official FAA exam.
- The user can choose to print results, or e-mail them to the ground or flight instructor to obtain endorsement to take the FAA test.
- Built-in study guides are available at a click of a button for study sessions with comprehensive text and figures.
- Performance history reflects individual tests, not just cumulative performance. View a performance graph depicting total score and a score for each subject, as well as review the test (shows your selected answer, the correct answer and explanation).
- Download and automatically update the database each time the FAA releases new or changed questions. A free email subscription service keeps you informed anytime a change is made.
Ordering from Tailwinds is easy. We accept all major credit cards and PayPal orders with confirmed addresses.
Most in-stock items that are ordered with ground service are usually shipped within 2-business days of receipt of your order unless otherwise noted in the product description. We ship via FedEx, UPS and the U.S. Postal Service. You can expect to receive your order within 3-8 business days. The shipping costs for Alaska, Hawaii, APO and FPO addresses and outside the US may be more depending on what is ordered and how we ship. We will contact you via e-mail if shipping costs are higher. Your exact shipping charges will show up during the order process.
Tailwinds has a very fair and easy return and exchange policies. If a return or exchange is requested you can just email or call for a Return Authorization (RA) number. All returned or exchanged merchandise must be in new and unused condition and returned to Tailwinds within 30 days of delivery.
If you are visually or hearing impaired the Tailwinds staff is at your service. Call 800-824-5946
Remember, you can always call 800-TAILWINDS
(800-824-5946) with any questions.